Internship Opportunities at Creative Oklahoma
There are several internship opportunities available immediately this summer with Creative Oklahoma. They are looking for individuals with skills in the following areas:
1. Written communication skills — press releases, grant writing, web stories, and other marketing/development related writing
2. Database management skills — to organize and update management systems for our donor, member, and mailing databases
3. Accounting skills — to assist our Business Manager with Quickbooks and accounting organization for upcoming audit cycle
4. Project management — to assist our cSchool program director with promotion and organization of cSchool trainings and Creative Communities events; second project manager to help with Oklahoma ArtScience Prize project coordination with Oklahoma Boys & Girls Clubs
5. Creativity research — to provide content for website and research for upcoming Spring forum
6. Event management — to help with organization of Spring gala and forum events
7. Web management — to assist with update of current website and manage content
9. Graphic design — to assist with web, forum, gala, and cSchool graphics needs
10. Social media — to assist with development of social media strategy with daily postings
11. Video content management — to review all Creative OK video content and determine content that can be repurposed into smaller segments to both general and specialized audiences
CREATIVE OKLAHOMA | 133 W. Main Street #100 | Oklahoma City, OK 73102
3 positions posted below:
Mobile App Programmers needed at HIX Industries Inc.
HIX Industries Inc. is looking for programmers for an iOS and Android application development project. The candidate must be able to integrate geo-location data, image interface, and live messaging. The expected launching date of the application is in the fall semester. The target demographic of the project will be ages 16-26. Compensation is based on capability and experience.
If interested, please contact Mr. Nick Hicks, Project Manager:
HIX Industries Inc.
100 E 13th St
Ada, OK 74820
Software Test Engineer Position at APMEX
The Software Test Engineer will help drive and execute test methodologies/Strategies along the side of our Development Team. This individual will be responsible for identifying test scenarios, creation and logging of test cases and Bugs into TFS, providing regular status reports and design and create automated test sets.
• Improve our test methodologies, metrics, test automation, efficient quality process and test architecture.
• The Software Test Engineer will create detailed test plans identifying all the key areas, scenarios and types of tests needed for a given project.
• Debugging, analyzing product code, executing tests and analyzing their results.
• Creation of test cases and bug management using Team Foundation Server (TFS).
• Create and provide regular status/bug reports.
• Design, create and improve test frameworks and automated test sets.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required.
3+ years of programming and testing experience. Strong debugging, coding, and analytical problem solving skills. Proficiency in software testing methodologies. Experience in using bug tracking software. (TFS a plus). Must have experience with web-based testing in an ecommerce environment. Experience in creation and execution of test frameworks and automated test sets. Experience with test tools such as Fiddler.
If interested, please contact Suhani 405-595-2100 ext 177.
Junior Software Development Engineer at APMEX
The APMEX Junior Software Development Engineer will be responsible for code changes and new code development for all the windows-based applications, website and APMEX services. This will include building new features, creating new forms and reports, testing, debugging and performing day-to-day support. The individual must be a team player who is flexible and able to work well with all our key partners across the company including project leads, web design, Marketing, Operations, Sales, Customer Service, HR, and our Executives.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
• 0-2 years of professional software development experience in the following technologies: VB.Net, C#, Microsoft SQL Server, MVC, .NET, WPF, WinForms; Silverlight is a plus.
• Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 & 2008
• Experience working with Windows communication foundation and ASMX Web services is a plus
• Experience building n-tiered applications is a plus.
• Experience working with Team Foundation Server for bug, task, and project management as well as for source control management is a plus.
New graduates are welcome to apply. If interested, please contact Suhani 405-595-2100 ext 177.
Welcome to the Department of Computer Science
The Department offers three baccalaureate programs of study: B.S. in Computer Science (major code 6100), ABET(*) Accredited, B.S. in Computer Science - Applied (major code 6101), and B.S. in Computer Science - Information Science (major code 6102). The three degrees reflect the diverse interests of our students.
Beginning Fall 2013, the Department offers, jointly with the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, M.S. in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science.
Department has nine regular faculty members whose interests include software engineering, computer network and security, database systems, mobile computing, e-commerce systems, artificial intelligence, operating systems, computer architecture, and programming language translators.
The Department serves more majors than any other department in the state, and more students graduate from the University of Central Oklahoma with degrees in Computer Science than from any other institution of higher education in Oklahoma. Faculty members in the Department are proud to be part of the number one department of Computer Science in the State of Oklahoma.
Department facilities include classrooms that are fully equipped with multimedia projectors and computers to make live demonstrations of computer science fundamentals. Students and faculty members have a personal computer laboratory and three LINUX servers for their use to complete course assignments and perform research.
We encourage you to explore our web site and we welcome your questions. Send your questions to our chairperson, Dr. Gang Qian, email@example.com, or to the faculty member of your choice.
Join Facebook group for up-to-date info! UCO CS Students
(*) Accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org